- LOCATION -
Lake Placid is Closer Than You Think
We're less than five hours' drive from Northeast metropolitan areas including New York City and Boston; less than 4 hours from Ottawa, Canada and Syracuse, NY; and two to three hours from Albany, NY, Burlington, VT, and Montreal, Canada! View our travel services page to find available rentals and transportation.
Only a short drive and you will find the Byrne and Kelly Retreat!
Most people choose to drive to Lake Placid due to our close proximity, ease of roads, beautiful landscapes and scenery through the Adirondack Park.
Driving to Lake Placid (distance and drive time)
- Burlington, VT: 62 miles / 2 hours
- Montreal, Canada: 112 miles / 2 hours
- Albany, NY: 140 miles / 2.5 hours
- Syracuse, NY: 195 miles / 3.5 hours
- Ottawa, Canada: 147 miles / 3.5 hours
- Hartford, CT: 250 miles / 4.5 hours
- Rochester, NY: 259 miles / 4.5 hours
- New York City: 288 miles / 4.5 hours
- Boston, MA: 306 miles / 5 hours
- Buffalo, NY: 337 miles / 6 hours
- Toronto, Canada: 330 miles / 6 hours
- Pittsburgh, PA: 548 miles / 10 hours
Travel By Train or Bus
Railway access via Amtrak is available from New York, Albany and Montreal, with tickets that include a shuttle ride to Lake Placid direct from the Westport Station. Adirondack Trailways also offers service from New York City, Port Authority Terminal and bus terminal points North, with drop-off in the center of Lake Placid and Saranac Lake.
Small private or corporate aircraft are able to fly directly into Lake Placid Airport. There is also non-stop service via Cape Air commuter service from Boston's Logan Airport into Adirondack Regional Airport. The Boston to Saranac Lake flight is approximately 90 minutes, and there are 4 flight options a day, Adirondack Regional Airport is a 20 minute drive to Lake Placid. There you can arrange for car service pick up, taxi or car rental. Additionally, Lake Placid is approximately a two hour drive from the international airports in Albany, NY, Burlington, VT, and Montreal. Find more detailed travel and transportation information here.